Here’s another quick tutorial, for newbies and old-timers alike, on how to get people to follow you using the Google Friend Connect widget on your WordPress blog. See, in Blogger blogs, you just need to add a new widget and select the Followers widget to be added to your sidebar, but with WordPress, it takes a couple of minutes more to set-up. Here’s how:
- Log on to Google Friend Connect using the same email that you use to login to your Blogger account. That, or login using a Gmail address.
- You will see an Add new site link somewhere on the left side of your screen. Click on it.
- Fill in your website details as requested, then hit Continue.
- Click the huge blue Add the members gadget button you will see on the next page.
- Choose your configurations for the widget, and click Generate code at the bottom of the page.
- You will be presented with a string of codes, which you will have to copy and paste on a new widget from your WordPress dashboard, under Appearance -> Widgets.
So there you go. Enjoy getting to know more people from the blogosphere and getting them to follow your blog!