As part of my blog migration service (blog transfer from Blogger to WordPress), I carry over Google Friend Connect (GFC) followers from a client’s Blogger blog to his/her WordPress blog. How do I do it? It’s easy peasy:
- Login to your Google Friend Connect (GFC) account (use the same email you use when you log-in to your Blogger blog).
- You will have to accept the Friend Connect Developer Terms of Service if it’s your first time to log-in to your GFC account.
- Select the blog that you are transferring to WordPress from the list of your Blogger blogs on the left hand side of your screen.
- Change the URL at the address bar of your browser into the following: http://www.google.com/friendconnect/admin/site/settings?id=
- REMEMBER to leave YOUR 20-number GFC account ID intact at the end of the URL!
- At the landing page, change the Home URL to that of your WordPress blog.
- Save your settings!
You can now proceed to adding the GFC widget to your WordPress blog with no worries that your old followers will be left behind!
Tutorial too Martian for you? Leave a comment in the comment section and I’ll try my best to answer. Else, hire me to migrate your blogs for you and let me handle ALL the gory details of blog transfer!