For purposes of exporting your Blogger blogroll to WordPress, you would need to create a new folder in your Google Reader to put your blog list in. While transferring your blogroll, you would want to choose only the blogs that also included you in their blog list. Google Reader aggregates ALL the blogs that you followed through Google Friend Connect in a Blogs I’m Following folder, and it’s possible that you don’t want to include some of those blogs on your blog list.
Now how to make a new folder in your Google Reader? It’s actually pretty simple:
- Login to your Gmail Account.
- Navigate to the Reader link on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click the down arrow beside Subscription on the left part of your screen, go to Manage Subscriptions and click.
- Select a subscription that you want on your new folder, click Add to a folder, then New folder.
- Type in your desired folder name on the pop-up that appears, i.e BlogRoll.
- Tick all the blogs that you want included in your new folder and click More Actions to make your new folder appear in the drop down.
- Click on your new folder and wait for the system to save your changes.
Now you already have a new folder especially for your BlogRoll. I will also post a tutorial on how to find your Google Reader user ID (which you need to transfer your blogroll) in another post.