They cannot be without each other. Sitting most of the day in front of the computer does that to you, and it can really be frustrating if you still have tons of work to finish but you back pain is killing you. A spinal fracture in the making? I sure hope not. But of course, you have no choice but to either endure the pain and get on with your work, or try to relieve some of the pain by doing the following:
- Find a more comfortable sitting position. I found that most of my back pains are associated with poor and uncomfortable sitting posture.
- Find comfortable back supports like pillows to wedge behind your back, or better yet,
- Get a more comfortable chair to sit on.
- Rest your feet on a stool or a stack of anything stable while typing away at your keyboard.
- Lie flat on the floor with your legs bent and an ice bag on your back.
- Listen to soothing music while working. Music is therapy in itself, and a lot of studies have shown it to be effective.
There are tons of other ways to alleviate muscle pain back, but the above are the easiest ways I found (and the most effective too!) which provides quick back pain relief. Have one of your tips to add?