When I am asked to write articles for blogs, I write it straight on my mail account with Google. More often than not, there is a minimum word count that I have to follow, and what I used to do is that I copy and paste my finished articles to an online word counter like LetterCount.com. But being the lazy ass that I am, I find it tedious to copy the entirety of the article, open a new tab and click on my bookmarked word counter site, paste what I copied, and click on submit to see the results. I looked for a Google Labs feature that would give me such functionality, so I need not open a new tab for that purpose. There wasn’t one in the list of available Labs features, so I had to Google a bit. I found one finally (a Google gadget by Wisgary Torres), and I’m going to teach you today how to make it appear on the left side of your inbox.
- First, log-in to your Gmail account and navigate to Labs.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enable “Add any gadget by URL” by Dan P and Dong C. Hit Save Changes.
- Click Settings (on the upper right corner of your Gmail) and you will now see a new Gadgets tab. Click on Gadgets.
- Copy and paste the following URL on the box provided:
- Hit the Add button and you’re done!