Who says Valentine’s Day is just for lovers? This day need not be a dreaded time of the year for single people, there are a lot of stuff to do out there! Being single doesn’t mean you have to be alone. So don’t be! Get out of your depressing hole, do NOT be swayed by stereotype, refuse to be miserable on V-Day, do NOT be fooled into the plot of businesses to make Valentine’s an excuse to increase their sales, and have a blast doing these:
- If you’ve been invited to a singles party, consider going. You may not find the man of your dreams there, but you get to have fun with people that you know. And meet new people to add to your circle of friends.
- Treat yourself to a day at the spa. Or get a manicure and/or pedicure. There’s nothing like treating yourself to little luxuries once in a while. Why not make it February 14th?
- Go out with your girls (the unattached ones. We’re assuming the couples are going out by pairs) and have a blast doing stuff you love most. Shopping, bar hopping, eating out at a fancy restaurant, whatever! It’s actually SO much better than having an insecure or self-centered guy by your side.
- If you don’t feel like going out, invite the girls over for a party. Or a movie marathon. Or a food trip. Anything that you usually do with your girl (or guy, we’re not exactly shunning the entire male species) friends.
- If you don’t feel like going out and being with the girls, curl up with a good book to read. Cook something special for yourself. Preferably something that you’ve been raring to cook on your own.
- Buy yourself a box (or two!) of gourmet chocolates and candies. It is the Internet Age, girl. They can be easily ordered online. But of course, watch that waistline.
Being single on Valentine’s Day needn’t be a disastrous situation. There are a lot of couples out there who are attached and are supposed to be going out but are fighting over who will take out the trash next or who is supposed to pay the lunch bill this time around. Being single has its perks (a LOT of!), so maximize it to the fullest while you can! Does this article sound like I want to be single, at least on Valentine’s?