So you already own a brand spanking new EON card from UnionBank by dutifully following the steps indicated here. What now? If there is one thing I’ve learned while dealing with banks the last couple of years, it’s that their employees are in dire need of seminars regarding the basics of their official websites. Believe me, you don’t ask about their sites and get a clear answer. So the Internet is your friend in this case. I trust you already know the benefits of being a verified PayPal user, so we won’t discuss that here. What follows is a step-by-step of what you need to do in order to verify your PayPal account:
- Apply for an EON Cyber Account. You will need this to get your EXPUSE (Expanded Use) number (it is the 4 digit PayPal verification code). Also, having a Cyber Account will allow you to check your balance online without having to go to an ATM (among other benefits).
- Have your EON card at hand and go to this link for the application page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the end and wait 48 hours in order to start using the service.
- Log-in after this waiting time. Enter your User ID and ATM PIN. By this time the EXPUSE number should already be in your transaction history.
- Find the transaction that contains your EXPUSE and log in to your PayPal account.
- Navigate to Profile -> Add/Edit Credit Card and enter your account details. Follow the instructions up to the page where you will need to enter the 4-digit EXPUSE.
- VOILA! You are now a verified PayPal user.
Note: You NEED to have at least Php100 in your EON card (as advised here) in order to do the steps above. Otherwise, PayPal cannot verify your account. Again, do not worry as this amount will be credited back to your PayPal as soon as the verification is through. Any questions? The comment section is always open. 🙂